The Brief: Bernie Sanders 2020 memes highlight the Vermont senator's strengths, policies, and the meme-making skills of his supporters.
Bernie Sanders 2020 Memes: By The Numbers
The number and variety of Bernie Sanders memes reflect the enthusiasm of many of his young supporters. While memes and social media presences don’t win or lose elections on their own, they can play a role in influencing voter turnout and decisions. We’ve rounded up some information about Bernie Sanders’ online presence and that of his supporters.
Official Pages & Sources:
- @berniesanders – 4.7 m followers
- Bernie Sanders Page – 5.4 m likes
- U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders Page – 7.4 m likes
- r/SandersForPresident – 497,000 members
- @BernieSanders – 11.2 m followers
- @SenSanders – 9.3 m f0llowers
- Bernie Sanders Channnel – 379,000 subscribers
- @Bernie_Sanders: 123,000 f0llowers
- @bernie – 231,000 followers (first video posted in March 2020)
- Bernie Sanders’ Dank Meme Stash – 391,000 members
- The People For Bernie Sanders – 1.4 m members
- @peopleforbernie – 251,000 followers
- #BernieSanders – 1.3 million posts
- #Bernie2020 – 282,000 posts
- #Bernie – 587,000 posts
- #FeelTheBern – 1.4 m posts
- r/BernieSanders – 49,000 members
- @People4Bernie – 220,000 followers
- #BernieSanders – 44.1 m views
- #FeelTheBern – 27.7 m views
- #BernieSanders2020 – 5.6 m views
TikTok has no shortage of political content, including meme videos about Senator Sanders that have amassed millions of views.
@blainoI’m certain none of y’all make 10 million a year lmaooo ##politics ##leftist ##maga ##bernie2020 ##liberal ##fyp ##foryou♬ CITY OF ANGELS – 24KGoldn
@grace_orthhe has been fighting for equality his whole life. that is the kind of person i want to lead my country. @liberalhypehouse ##bernie ##liberal ##rosa ##fyp♬ original sound – plaincheerios
@.jeffica##tiktoktraditions ##feelthebern ##straightforsanders ##fyp ##foryou♬ My Type – Saweetie
Bernie Writing On Whiteboard Memes
This meme format grew in popularity in February 2020. The image of Bernie Sanders writing on a whiteboard can be photoshopped to have any message or image on it, lending way to a variety of possible memes.
I Am Once Again Asking
A campaign video where Sanders says “I am once again asking for your financial support” turned into a meme format about asking for everything from forehead kisses to Popeye’s chicken sandwiches to election results.
#HotGirlsForBernie & #HotBoysForBernie
Endorsed by both Emily Ratajkowski and Danny Devito, there’s no shortage of hot people endorsing Sanders for the 2020 nomination. Popular in January 2020, the #HotGirlForBernie and #HotBoysForBernie hashtags were used to show the faces of Bernie supporters and that they were more than a bunch of so-called “Bernie Bros.”
Hot girls for Bernie canvassing in Chicago today! Tag us in pics of you canvassing. It takes all of us to win! #hotgirlsforbernie pic.twitter.com/a9KvJhRQVt
— Hot Girls For Bernie (@HotGirls4Bernie) March 8, 2020
I’m ready to fight the economic and social issues we face today…all while being a hot boy #HotBoysForBernie pic.twitter.com/48YZsDO0sX
— Elliott Canty JOE BIDEN DID NAFTA (@ElliottCanty) January 31, 2020
Bernie 2020 Memes
As anyone can make Bernie 2020 memes, they represent a range of viewpoints and opinions. While not all Bernie Sanders memes are relevant to the issues, nor do they always represent Sanders in a positive light, these memes showcase some of the content his supporters are sharing to spread their message in an accessible and amusing way.
Posted by Baddie Bernie on Monday, 16 December 2019
So anyway I started
The Four Stages of Feeling the Bern from SandersForPresident
Then darkness took me, and I strayed out of thought and time, and I wandered far on roads that I will not tell. from SandersForPresident